6 reasons to discover this beautiful area
1. One of the best ways to discover the Triglav National Park in Slovenia is to take a ride on the 50 kilometer long Vršič Pass. A breathtaking route.
2. In the winter months you can of course ski, snowboard or sled down the slopes. But in the summer months you can make the descent in a completely different way. There is also a toboggan run in Kranjska Gora.
3. Everyone who visits Slovenia will have a visit to Lake Bohinj or Lake Bled on their list. But Lake Jasna is at least as beautiful. Although the lake is a lot smaller, the color of the mountain water is quite impressive. Depending on the light that shines on it, the color changes from bright blue to sea green during the day.
4. Less than 10 minutes drive from Kranjska Gora you will find near the village Rateče the Zelenci nature reserve, where many unique plant and animal species can be found.
5. In the Vrata Valley lies the 52 meters high Peričnik waterfall, one of the highest waterfalls in Slovenia and is quite impressive. Extra special is the fact that you can walk past it behind the waterfall.
6. An 8-minute drive from Kranjska Gora is the village of Rateče and from there you can make a special hike of 7 kilometers to the three-country point. The so-called Tromeja hike leads you to the Debela Peč mountain peak (1510 meters), from where you have a view of Slovenia, Italy and Austria.